We are looking for a driven tax accounting and reporting professional with strong technology and process automation skills to join our division. This individual will be responsible for tax results throughout the income tax life cycle, including leading tax provisions and disclosures, maintaining the propriety of income taxes on regulatory financial statements, managing tax data and analytics, coordinating the impacts to taxes with stakeholders, and consulting on the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Accounting Standards Codification Topic 740: Income Taxes (ASC 740) and Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles No. 101 (SSAP 101). Responsibilities will also include assessing the current tax accounting and reporting data landscape, driving process changes for increased efficiencies, enhancing the benefits of deployed tax solutions, and supporting our transformation vision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and reviews income tax provisions and analytics throughout the income tax life cycles.
- Manages key tax provision results with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifies and executes efficiency and technology improvements to enhance existing tax processes.
- Partners with peers across the division to upskill on technology and tax data skills.
- Collaborates with the Tax Technology team to identify and document the current data landscape.
- Independently analyzes and investigates tax implications of corporate transactions, making recommendations to management for informed decisions.
- Participates in the assessment of ASC 740 and SSAP 101 impacts on tax law and accounting standard changes.
- Consults and partners with other finance divisions and business peers to address tax issues and meet organizational objectives.
- Stays abreast, and educates others, of trends and developments on income tax accounting and reporting guidance, as applicable to the insurance industry.
- Delivers professional and timely services to internal and external customers.
- Educates, coaches, and mentors other tax professionals.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of ASC 740. Working knowledge of SSAP 101 is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Subchapter C taxation in general. Working knowledge of insurance taxation is a plus.
- Strong process efficiency mindset.
- Strong technology and automation skills, including Corptax and Alteryx.
- Strong storytelling and data visualization skills.
- Strong tax reconciliation and analysis skills.
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Ability to influence tax and operational business professionals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex tax issues in a simplified manner.
- Results oriented with the ability to solve problems and work independently and/or in a team environment, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management, organizational and planning skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Masters of Science in Taxation preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant designation.
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of corporate tax experience or 5 to 7 years of public accounting experience.
HOW TO APPLY