Premium Tax Conference
The 2023 NPTC will be held in person Eldorado Resort in Reno, Nevada.
Registration closes September 23, 2023
or when the NPTC meets its capacity limitation of 200 attendees.
November 14th – 16th, 2023. Click for details.
View and post premium tax job opportunities.
Dates to remember… Click to read more.
The National Premium Tax Conference focuses on the unique state imposed premium and retaliatory tax. Its purpose is to educate insurance tax personnel, from the preparer to the planner, about this method of state taxation imposed only on the insurance industry. This is achieved by holding an annual conference where seasoned insurance tax professionals volunteer to teach classes and serve as panelists in discussion sessions. In response to industry changes and conference evaluations, the Steering Committee has changed the conference format. See the Agenda tab to review the new format. The timing on the agenda may be used to make travel arrangements.
The insurance company attendees are encouraged to network with the intention of sharing ideas and assisting one another beyond the conference.
In response to industry changes and conference evaluations, the Steering Committee has changed the conference format. See the Agenda tab to review the new format.
2023 Conference Details
- Registration fee includes two breakfasts (Wednesday-Thursday) and three lunches (Tuesday-Thursday). It also includes the opening reception on Monday evening for you and your traveling companion.
- To add a variety of attendees and to give many companies the opportunity to experience the NPTC, please limit registration to 3 attendees per company. Please email email@example.com with the names of possible additional attendees from your company for the waitlist.
- The registration fee is fully refundable by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to September 23, 2023.
- A company may substitute attendees by notifying Jan Gillerin at email@example.com prior to, Wednesday, November 8, 2023.
- In the event of a COVID related pandemic surge, the NPTC Steering Committee reserves the right to cancel 2023 NPTC live and hold the conference virtually as in 2020/2021. The virtual conference will cost $200 per person and you will be refunded the net difference of the amount already paid.
- The NPTC Steering Committee reserves the right to cancel 2023 NPTC live in the event its minimum attendance goal is not met by September 30, 2023, and hold the conference virtually as in 2020/2021. The virtual conference will cost $200 per person and you will be refunded the net difference of the amount already paid.
Who We Are
The National Premium Tax Conference is guided and planned by a group of volunteer insurance industry experts:
State Insurance Tax Professional
Vice President & National Director – TriTech Tax Consulting
TriTech Services Inc.
VP & T ax Director III Liberty Mutual
Director – Product Development
TriTech Software Development Corp.
David D. Sutera
Assistant Vice President
Director of Government Information & Reporting
Standard Insurance Company
M. Fran O’Loughlin
Tax Senior Manager
Deloitte Tax LLP
New York Life
Jan Gillerin is the Administrative Coordinator for the NPTC.
About the NPTC
The National Premium Tax Conference began in 1972 with a dozen or so insurance tax professionals meeting to share their experience preparing insurance premium tax returns and planning for the tax impact on their company. The group began to grow and the formal National Premium Tax Conference evolved into the annual event sought by insurance state tax practioners today. The National Premium Tax Conference is a 501(c)(3) education organization.